Monday 10 June 2013

First Job!

Yes!  You read it!  I got my first job about a week ago, and it's fantastic!  No, it's not the dream job, but it's pretty dreamy for a 17 year old with no money.  The main thing that I'm having to learn is social skills when I first meet and work with people, the nerves get to me...  I was serving a German couple and you could literally hear the plates shaking - I was so embarrassed, but they were lovely about it.  Similarly when I was  silver serving bread, I just couldn't pick it up!  Practise makes perfect though, if nothing else, this is going to help an awful lot with perseverance, it seems impossible at the moment.


My colleagues are great, a real laugh, and I can't think of any better place to work at my age - a perfect distance from home; not an overbearing amount of responsibility; and the possibility of learning a huge number of skills, especially as it's a rather fancy hotel.  I'm really glad I decided to go out and get some independence, and it'll be really nice to be able to buy things for myself without having to have my parents lend me money.

I'm Katie Woolnough, and at the moment, I'm a waitress/dishwasher/aspiring-solicitor-barrister.

No comments:

Post a Comment