Tuesday 16 July 2013

"I'd rather kill myself"

This is just a quick one, as I'm mid-Extended-Project at the moment.

I heard on the news this morning that a man is appealing against his extradition to America by saying that he'd "rather kill himself than be extradited."  It's ridiculous.  If everyone could get out of things by threatening suicide, then we'd have murderers running rampant in the streets.  Nobody would pay taxes, because they'd "rather kill themselves."

"I'd rather kill myself than go to school."

"I'd rather kill myself than tidy my room."

"I'd rather kill myself than not win the lottery."

If we all got what we wanted by threatening to kill ourselves, then we'd all be very rich, very lazy, and very spoiled.  Lock him up with nothing to kill himself with, and then there'll be nothing to worry about.  A precedent cannot be set that says that if a criminal starts making threats against their own life, they'd receive a lesser sentence.

1 comment:

  1. A very eye-catching title! Agree with you on this one.

    ReplyDelete