Sunday 2 February 2014

Lord of the Rings Invitations

This evening I've been working on the invitations.  I've taken inspiration from MentaDesigns on deviantart, but am making a few changes to make these invitations really my own.  If you want copies of any of the borders or anything, message me and let me know.


  Including me, there are going to be 9 people at my party.  This means 3 hobbits, 3 elves and 3 (wo)men.  I've decided to do slightly different invitations for each race, so different colour schemes and different embellishments on each border.  I've tried to go for something that symbolises each race: an Evenstar for Elves, a Tree of Gondor for Men, and I was going to do a smial (hobbit house) door for the Hobbit invitation, but I ended up doing the Tolkien signature instead because it looked really cool.


Step One: Cut card to size!  I've used card by Core'dinations in 'Leapfrog' (Green), 'Ming' (Dark Blue), and 'Dream of Wheat' (Beige/Peach)


Step Two: Fold.  You can do this however you like, but I folded a small panel, followed by two larger equally sized panels.  These split into 1 x 6cm and 2 x 11.5cm.


Step Three: The computer editing stage.  I used PowerPoint, it was fairly basic to do.  I basically intertwined 'curve' lines that went around the border of my page in different shades of silver, gold or bronze.  I used silver for the "elf" invitation, gold for the "man" invitation, and bronze for the "hobbit" invitation.  At the top of each page within the border is an icon which represents each race, i.e. a Tolkien signature, an Evenstar or a Tree of Gondor.  Contact me if you want me to send you the templates that I used.


Step Four: print and stick everything on!  


Step 5: I made mini envelopes so that I could put some Polaroid style pictures of LoTR characters within for costume inspiration, I made this out of a cream coloured weighted paper and stuck it onto the envelope.


Step 6: Seal - (see my Wax Seal post for more details of this).

Et voila!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful! I've also looked at the deviant art invitations and am making wedding invitations like them. This tutorial is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete