Wednesday 14 May 2014

New Kit: Meindl Boots

These boots are my babies!  I love these boots, and they love me - in that, I mean that I look after these boots: I wax them, I proof them, I clean them, and in return they don't give me blisters, and they don't let the water in.

These are the Women's Burma Pro GTX - when I first bought them, they looked gorgeous and suede-ish, but I swapped the visual appeal for additional waterproofing, and applied a liberal amount of boot wax, making them appear more like leather.  I bought these from George Fisher in Keswick last summer, and on their maiden walk, I took them up Scafell Pike (probably a bit of a risk, but I had faith in these little beauties).

So, in the year that I've had them, these boots have gone up Scafell Pike twice, around various Lake-District lakes, and have trawled around 150 miles around Dartmoor, and haven't once afforded me a blister.


On Scafell Pike.  Another planking shot!  And, oh look!  New Boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment