Tuesday 6 May 2014

New Kit: Rab Gaiters

My birthday present from my Nan and Grandad!  Well, I was given the money, and told to spend it on kit; I needed a new pair of gaiters, so I bought a pair of Medium Rab Latok Alpine Gaiters.


One of my favourite features about these gaiters is that you can hide away the annoying elastic at the back of the gaiter!  The product designers at Rab obviously have had the same problem that I have, in that that relentless piece of elastic constantly would twang into my leg, and leave me with bruises all up my calves!  So they sorted it, giving a loop to tuck it into, solving this problem - and not something that I've seen other gaiters do.  Something else that I thought was superior, is that you do not have to cut the under-boot strap to adjust it, meaning that it is a pair of gaiters that can be used with different boots, and for different people.  The in-gaiter adjustment system means that you can alter the length of this strap without cutting the excess off, and means that you can lend your gaiters to another member of the family with no problem at all.  The final factor in the choosing of this particular set of gaiters is that there is no zip to break!  The simple velcro system means that they are really easy to get on and off, and I'll never get stuck in them like I had with my old pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment